Placing your house on the market can be exhausting when trying to get the most value for your home. From cleaning to repairs, increasing your home’s curb appeal to attract buyers is the main goal. So many homeowners are surprised to discover their roof condition may negatively impact the value of their home. Replacing a roof over a home you’re trying to sell may seem counterintuitive. However in addition to increases the value of the property, a new roof will also:
- Catch Any Other Damage: Replacing a roof allows roofing contractors to inspect for any further issues.
- Increase Interested Buyers: Many homeowners have a budget they wish to stay within, so a new roof reassures there won’t be an additional expense after they buy the house
- Help Raise Offer Price: Buyers are much less likely to buy a home at the asking price when there’s potential for needing a roof replacement. So having the repairs done ahead of time is a key selling point (even if it raises the price a bit outside their budget).
- Assist Sale Process: Potential buyers often have to be approved for a loan in order to purchase a new home. In the loan process, the chosen property is assessed to ensure it meets certain standards before the loan is approved. Old or damaged roofs can prolong the approval process for negotiations or even cause the loan application to be rejected.
Roof Problems to Watch for When Selling
There are several roofing defects that are a common problem for many homeowners. Any one of these issues can significantly reduce the value of your home depending on the extent of the problem.
- Buckling, Cracked, or Missing Shingles
- Excessive Shingle Granules in Gutter
- Faded, Rusted, Dented, or Scratched Metal Panels
- Sagging Roof or Deck Rot
- Leaks or Water Stains
- Ice Dams
- Wind or Hail Damage
Furthermore, buyers often use a trusted roofing company to perform a roof inspection. This is because roof inspectors can give a more thorough report on the condition of the roof. These roof inspectors diligently search for any potential faults that can affect the quality of life of the next homeowner and will report the conditions to potential buyers. These details can be added to the home inspectors report to show a better picture of a potential home, and therefore, impact the value of your home.
Enjoy a New Roof with Superior Roofing
A trusted, local roofing company is vital for roof installation that will last for decades. We consider working with our clients a great honor and responsibility. At Superior Roofing, we are always striving to achieve a higher level of quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. Honest, open communication is rare in the roofing industry but we believe our clients should never be blindsided or left out of the loop. We love to encourage clients to reach out and ask us questions! Our roofing contractors are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your roofing needs.